Sunday, July 11, 2010

My new tool: the "mini Cintiq"



For those who know me, you know how much I long to own a Wacom Cinitq. I've searched high and low for a graphics monitor at a reasonable price. My search lead me to the Apple Ipad where I found out that there are a few drawing apps that allow you to perform complete works of art, but the main drawback is that everything must be uploaded either via itunes (which isn't too reliable for file transfer) or email through wifi or 3G.
Willing to give it a try, I went to Best Buy to investigate the IPad up close and personal. I was disappointed to see that it was merely larger Ipod touch. A ray of hope broke through when I discovered a You Tube video of an artist who converted a small tablet PC into a fully functional "mini Cintiq." I immediately went home and did more research and the next day ordered the Motion Computing LS 800 on Ebay for 260USD. When it arrived, I followed the video and downloaded and installed the necessary drivers to convert the machine into a "mini Cintiq."
Now, I am able to have the luxury of a graphics tablet on the go! the biggest thanks goes out to LatinVixen for uploading her video and saving this artist a whole lot of cash and a big headache!

No comments:

Post a Comment